Tags

, , ,

You may or may not know that Adam and I are making a weekend trip to St. Louis so that we can visit with my Grandpa (who I have not seen since Thanksgiving – I know, I’m an awful grandchild…) and to spend some much needed time with my cousins!  As I have a pre-planned “cheat meal” ahead of me, I decided I needed to have a good, strong workout today so I don’t feel guilty about it.  After all, as long as 80% my meals are primal and on track, I think (along with the Primal Blueprint way of thinking) that the other 20% is ok to cheat a bit … 🙂  If anyone knows me, and they know I’m from St. Louis, then they without a doubt know that I LOVE IMO’S PIZZA!!!!!  There is not a chance in the world that I will make a trip to St. Louis and NOT go to Imo’s! 🙂

The Workout:

I got this workout from Adam’s Men’s Health magazine about 6 months ago or so (around the time that Twilight’s Eclipse came into the theaters – you’ll know why I know that in a minute).  It was the one “sponsored” by Kellan Lutz (yep, here it is – he is Emmett in the Twilight series), so I clearly have to say, “I’m going to do Kellan Lutz tomorrow” the day before I decide to do this workout…inappropriate Bree.

Anyway, this workout (which I doubt Kellan Lutz actually does) consists of three rounds of eight exercises:

20 reverse crunches (lie on your back with your legs off the floor and bent at the knees at a 90 degree angle – calves/shins parallel to the floor – and lift with your abs in a smooth motion until your bum is off the ground and lower yourself back to the floor – that’s 1)

20 v-rollups (by the third round these get intense)

12 squat-to-press (the weight of your choice – I used 2-12 pound dumbbells)

12 push-ups (make your nose touch the floor!!!)

12 incline presses (I used the same weights as for the squat-to-press)

12 explosive push-ups (better known as clap push-ups…I have to do “girl explosive push-ups” because I don’t think I’m strong enough yet to do the real ones…but it’s probably time for me to try them…man!  This blog is making me push myself…)

12 lunges per leg/total 24 (the mag didn’t say this, but I do weighted lunges with the same dumbbells)

12 goblet squats (I use one of the two dumbbells for these)

That’s the 1 round that you’ll repeat an additional 2 times.  So that I don’t “get cold” I only allow 1 minute, timed breaks in between.  Doing this it took me EXACTLY 26 minutes this morning…and man did I feel it (especially the v-rollups!!).

Now, onto the reward…IMO’S!!!  This pizza, in my opinion, is amazing!  To be honest, the key is the cheese.  St. Louis is the ONLY place that my mom and I have been able to find provel cheese.  We actually make sure to buy a couple of pounds each time we go so that we can get our fix of it at home.  I just looked this up on Wikipedia – but it’s apparently the mixture of white cheddar, swiss, and provolone.  Basically what that means is it’s DELICIOUS!!  Check it out:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese.  If  you ever try St. Louis Style pizza, make it Imo’s (do you think they’ll give me a free pizza for this little plug???)!!

Anyway, I know my Grandpa likes it a lot too, so Adam and I are going to take him pizza on Saturday afternoon.  Hope he enjoys, because I know I will! 🙂

Tonight the big preparation for the weekend of F-U-N begins with preparing an amazing appetizer (I’m a little bias) – Jalapeno Popper dip and homemade salsa (I can’t take credit for this one – this recipe was ALL Pavia – but I added the jalapeno to it…because I love the heat!).  I’ll be sure to upload the recipes and pictures either later tonight or tomorrow!

TRY THE WORKOUT AND COMMENT (Please??) – I’m seriously interested to hear if you guys are enjoying the workouts!! 🙂

Advertisements